Nowadays the information controls all the functions of the world. It built and collapsed the whole government. It leads to the rise of many leaders but also brought them down simply. Information is a very dangerous thing, if not used wisely. It is not known by anyone unless they might be targeted by MI6, CIA, NATO, or any other organization on behalf of the information you hold or have access to.
6 Important Parameters that are Included in This Concept are as Follows:
1. How Does Information Help Assignments?
2. How does Information Security Build Confidentiality?
3. What is Encryption?
4. Use of Two-factor Authentication
5. What is integrity?
6. Availability of Information
1 How Does Information Help Assignments?
- There is no point of saying that the information management uses various sources for collecting information while writing an assignment and sharing those things with other sources.
- It is well known by yourself and your professor that you are wasting time repeating some of the things which should not be repeated again and again.
- Always use the help of information management which is more required in the success of every business, to write the assignments.
- The first task is to think the way of using the information system in your question which is on your desk right then.
2 How does Information Security Build Confidentiality?
- Information security is used in various fields to control or even stop the attacks and accessing of data by anyone who pleases to do so. Thus the main purpose of the information security is to provide and maintain the confidentiality for the information stored. The huge confidentiality could be maintained only if less number of people are allowed to access the stored data.
- The hacking or cyber-attack alone cannot reduce the confidentiality created by the security system. But if the employee allows an unauthorized person to see the confidential data what he had accessed before, could also lead to the loss of confidentiality.
- The security specialists ensure the greater confidentiality of their information through various methods. Among them, Cryptography is the most popular one.
3 What is Encryption?
The process or technique of avoiding the people who don’t have the proper authority to access the stored data is called encryption. This technique eliminates the view of data from any of the unauthorized persons.
4 Use of Two-factor Authentication
- Gmail prevents the unauthorized access by using Two-Step verification which requests you to enter the password after entering the code send to the registered device.
- This method becomes the most suitable example of two-factor authentication. The two-factor authentication controls the data leak and hence improves the confidential information security level.
5 What is integrity?
- The factors such as the consistency, accuracy and trustworthy define the integrity of the data as long as it is in the stored location. Take a simple example that if you save a file as abc.txt on your desktop, it will not undergo any of the alterations or changes and even after 100 years the stored information will remain same as in the way how it was created.
- The changes or alterations should not be made while moving the information from one location to another location. This could be achieved by seizing or limiting the unauthorized person’s access and their power of altering the actual data. During such circumstances use access controls or files permissions. Also, we have to check the non-human activities like crashing of server or crashing of a server by using countermeasures.
- Cryptographic checksum could be used to check and verify data integrity efficiently
The integrity of information can be enforced by the following 4 integrity constraints.
5 Entity Integrity
It defines that, in any table, each row has the unique and a non-null primary key value.2 Referential Integrity
This type of integrity states that the primary key value in the table must be referenced by any foreign key value.
It states that the defined domain should be declared with all relational database columns.
4 User-Defined Integrity
The user made rules which are not a part of any category are called user-defined integrity.
6 Availability of Information
- The availability of information forms the final part if the CIA triad.
- By maintaining the hardware and fulfilling the performance repairs whenever needed will automatically maintain the availability of information in your assignments. It is also important to check for a software conflict in the operating system. Also watch if the system is updated to the latest updates rolled out.
- It is adequate to use data bandwidth which is not subjected to bottlenecks. Serious consequences can occur in the Hardware problems if redundancy and failover are considered as a small problem. The safeguards and faster recovery should be set up to manage the situations such as failure and other problems. It is not necessary to go you professor and fall victim to disaster, eh?
- Everyone have to familiarize themselves with DRP or Disaster Recovery Plan. Backup is one of the very good practices which you can include in your assignments. Provision for the backup should be provided for your assignments in order to withhold the failure or disaster. If the question of your assignment says that it is a billionaire company, it is better to protect some of the private information at a remote location at 1000feet under sea in a waterproof container.
Hold Up, Wait!
- The information security and information management world provides plenty of opportunities for people; alike white and black hackers.
- The need for management and security system will not reduce till the information and data are available.